Recently a friend introduced me to this new institution of one frame stories www.oneframestories.com. It was a rather interesting idea to concoct a story within 99 words based on the picture frame that changes every Friday. If your story makes the cut (it generally does if you follow the basic guidelines), it gets published on their website and if you manage to excel at it you are featured as the top 4 for the week.
As somebody who loves to experiment I had to explore this form of concise writing. Thus I jumped at it as soon as possible and wrote my very first OFS (One frame story) on frame no. 39. It was a very different experience and made me go through a whole lot of thinking at different levels.
Luckily I even had my 1st story featured on top 4, probably there were very few entries this week or I've simply been lucky, but however I would really like to share my first OFS that I'm truly excited about.
Hope you like it for I had fun writing this piece and would advise you all to try it out for once. If writing is not your forte, go through the variety of stories that enthusiasts have to offer. You will be amazed to find a plethora of angles one frame can be seen from.
Happy reading!
Story based on OFS Frame 39
As somebody who loves to experiment I had to explore this form of concise writing. Thus I jumped at it as soon as possible and wrote my very first OFS (One frame story) on frame no. 39. It was a very different experience and made me go through a whole lot of thinking at different levels.
Luckily I even had my 1st story featured on top 4, probably there were very few entries this week or I've simply been lucky, but however I would really like to share my first OFS that I'm truly excited about.
Sarosh like everyday gets her baba's lunch, but it's his favourite menu after a long time. Inspite of the scorching sun and back breaking field work, the menu is a true delight to Parsuram. Surprisingly Sarosh's aai (mother) is accompanying her today, outnumbering all her hardships, she has this gleam of happiness on her face. Gayatri murmurs "We are celebrating today!"Although Sarosh's reticence, anxiety and awkwardness has been evident through out, these rather contradicting expressions are pushing Parsuram into a world of anticipation. Just then half grinning Gayatri confides "Sarosh cannot serve you the pickle today".
#touchthepickle
Hope you like it for I had fun writing this piece and would advise you all to try it out for once. If writing is not your forte, go through the variety of stories that enthusiasts have to offer. You will be amazed to find a plethora of angles one frame can be seen from.
Happy reading!
Story based on OFS Frame 39

No comments:
Post a Comment