Conventionally the older you is to whom you will always go for an advice! But at this precarious age of 25 I'm fondly looking back at the younger and naive me, and want to borrow a few idealistic way of living from her.
18 years old me, was very confident, secured and positively happy for no good reason. I had ample of trust on any and everybody, never really tried to read between the lines, thought the world practically revolved around me that made me care a rat's ass about trivial issues. I so want to get back to that me, who had her priorities set right, emotions aside, a straight focus and enjoyed all the me time.
The simple mantra I want to borrow from the young me, do not expect from other people then you would never be disappointed and whatever you finally get would be a bonus. Do not let somebody so close to you that the person attains the power to hurt you, break you and leave you miserable.
I was always a hardcore romantic, but knew how to distinguish it from reality and stay grounded to what's true. Fortunately I had a very secured and pampered childhood but with all the right lessons drilled into me. Trusting people came naturally to me, I could never see the reason for people lying or pretending on small things so believed it all, but trust me more than often I was right.
I was compassionate but never really let my feelings loose in front of others. Always had a very calculated approach to that, sole reason being that avoids other people from taking you for granted. The more open you are, the more predictable you become.
Overall I managed to be genuinely happy, it was a task to make me angry or upset. And today I realize it was only because I lived by my rules that seem to be fading away now. Experiences in the past years have shook my trust, made me expect, let myself to be taken for granted and to conclude left me unhappy.
So desperately I'm calling for my younger self to show me the path I've always walked upon but just strayed for a bit. I miss being the "happy me".
18 years old me, was very confident, secured and positively happy for no good reason. I had ample of trust on any and everybody, never really tried to read between the lines, thought the world practically revolved around me that made me care a rat's ass about trivial issues. I so want to get back to that me, who had her priorities set right, emotions aside, a straight focus and enjoyed all the me time.
The simple mantra I want to borrow from the young me, do not expect from other people then you would never be disappointed and whatever you finally get would be a bonus. Do not let somebody so close to you that the person attains the power to hurt you, break you and leave you miserable.
I was always a hardcore romantic, but knew how to distinguish it from reality and stay grounded to what's true. Fortunately I had a very secured and pampered childhood but with all the right lessons drilled into me. Trusting people came naturally to me, I could never see the reason for people lying or pretending on small things so believed it all, but trust me more than often I was right.
I was compassionate but never really let my feelings loose in front of others. Always had a very calculated approach to that, sole reason being that avoids other people from taking you for granted. The more open you are, the more predictable you become.
Overall I managed to be genuinely happy, it was a task to make me angry or upset. And today I realize it was only because I lived by my rules that seem to be fading away now. Experiences in the past years have shook my trust, made me expect, let myself to be taken for granted and to conclude left me unhappy.
So desperately I'm calling for my younger self to show me the path I've always walked upon but just strayed for a bit. I miss being the "happy me".
No comments:
Post a Comment